March 14, 2022
Steps to Mindful Eating
- It starts with your shopping list. Consider how healthy every item you add to your list is and stick to it to avoid impulse buying when you're shopping.
- Come to the table with an appetite, not starving. Skipping meals can make you eager to get anything in your stomach immediately so you fill the void instead of enjoying your food.
- Small portions first. Maybe try limiting the size of your plate, if you really want more food after then you can go back.
- Be thankful for your food. Pause for a few minutes before you eat to dwell on everything and everyone it took to bring the meal to your table. Give thanks for the opportunity to enjoy delicious food and the friends you get to enjoy it with.
- Small bites. It's easier to taste food completely when your mouth isn't full.
- Chew thoroughly. Chew very well, you may be surprised at all the flavours you can taste.
Be Grateful, Conscious Consumer, Everyday Phenomenal, Gratitude, Health and Wellness, Health Benefits, Healthy Body, Healthy Eating, Healthy Habits, Healthy Mindset, Mindful Diet, Mindful Eating, Mindful Living, Mindful Practices, Mindfulness, Mindfulness and Eating, Sustainable Clothing, Sustainable Consumption, Sustainable Development, Sustainable Fashion, Sustainable Fashion Brands, The Circle of Feeling Good, Wellness, Wellness Practices, Wellness Wednesday
Although the ideal mindful-eating food choices are similar to the Mediterranean diet — centered on fruits, vegetables, whole grains, seeds, nuts, and vegetable oils — the technique can be applied to a cheeseburger and fries. By truly paying attention to the food you eat, you may indulge in these types of foods less often. In essence, mindful eating means being fully attentive to your food — as you buy, prepare, serve, and consume it. However, adopting the practice may take more than a few adjustments in the way you approach meals and snacks. In this book – net-boss.org/mindfulness-by-julia-hanner, Julia Hanner suggest several practices that can help you get there, including those listed in the article.
Claire August 14, 2022