Green tea is by far one of the most antioxidant-packed beverages known to exist. Its properties make it suitable for everyday consumption and is healthy for the body. It is derived from dried leaves of the tea plant Camellia Sinensis and are rich in both flavonoids and polyphenols (antioxidant components with potential health benefits).
Thus, consuming at least one cup a day can help offer some health benefits:
- Reduces acne and signs of aging
- Contains bioactive compounds that protects cells and molecules from damage in the body.
- Amino acid L-theanine and the tiny amounts of caffeine present are likely to improve brain function
- Potential to increase fat burning and boost metabolism
- Potential to prevent Type 2 Diabetes
- Potential to reduce cardiovascular disease
- Potential to lose weight
- Likely to reduce the risk of certain cancers (breast cancer, prostate cancer, colorectal cancer)
- The catechins help reduces bad breath
Top 8 Green Tea Flavours:
1. Japanese Sencha
6. Longjing (Dragon Well)