Meditating is one of the simplest ways to focus on yourself, helping to restore your calmness and inner peace.
Meditation is one of the best ways to relax, unwind, relieve your mind of your worries and fears, for a little while. It doesn’t take money, space, time or equipment- just you. Whether you are on the bus, car, or sitting in your living room, this practise will have only positive effects. Enhancing your physical wellbeing and clearing your head are only a couple of the benefits of meditation.
- Stress relief
- Improved emotional wellbeing
- Gaining a new perspective on situations worrying you
- Learning to control your stress/anxiety
- Increasing self-awareness
- Better patience and tolerance, with yourself and others
- A form of natural medicine (helps to relieve: anxiety, high blood pressure and heart rate, physical pains, disrupted sleeping patterns and headaches)
There are several different types of meditations. Our favourites ways to practise are:
- Guided meditation: focusing on your senses to help in visualising/imagining the places and activities you find most relaxing and enjoyable. It is often aided by a guide or teacher.
- Mantra meditation: repeating a particular word or sentence to keep focused, and keep stressful or unwanted thoughts away.
- Mindfulness meditation: broadening conscious awareness, focusing on sensations felt, allowing different thoughts to come and go, without having judgement on them, accepting their presence in that moment.