The British weather is so unpredictable we can barely keep on top of it- with recent weeks of intense heat and with more to come in the next few months, it’s important to find ways to feel your best throughout.
Everybody loves sitting outside under the sun, packing on the tan, absorbing the Vitamin D radiating on us, enjoying the moments of tranquility as we relax and eat cold ice lollies and fresh fruit at the park-or our home. However, we can sometimes feel a bit overwhelmed by the heat, and by the thousands of people around us when we are out and the temperature and lack of air can all get too much- so what can you do to stop yourself feeling unwell in times like these?
We have you covered! Follow these tips and tricks to help you always feel fresh this summer and staying cool- now go and make the most of these bright and beautiful days!
- Stay HYDRATED! Drinking water will keep your hydration up, and eating lots of fresh, watery fruit like watermelon, grapefruit, oranges, strawberries and more will also add important vitamins, minerals and ions that you will need to feel your best.
- Shower at least once a day. A cold shower in the morning and the evening can both start your day in a fresh, cooling way and end it feeling free of the day’s heat, sweat and more.
- Keep your hair up and makeup minimal- stay as light as possible during summer. Packing on the makeup can really clog your skin, making you sweat more, causing breakouts and a suffocating feeling. Opt for a light bb/cc cream, tinted moisturiser or light coverage foundation instead!
- SPF, SPF, SPF! Keep on top of your sunscreen. Of course we all love to tan and absorb the sun’s vitamin D, but we must be careful to always protect our skin from excess radiation.
- Stay indoors and avoid caffeine. During the hottest hours, avoid the heat by sitting indoors or in the shade, and avoid caffeine as it dehydrates the body.
We hope you make the most of these sunny days with these helpful tips, as we know we will!
Read More here.