Having a long, stressful day is something we are all a little too familiar with. When work, responsibilities and relationships with those around us start to wobble and tip, negative thoughts can often come flooding in, only adding to the worries that have already built up. So, the question is, how do we stop this overwhelming pressure and tension from keeping us up at night, or how can we at least reduce it?
Whilst everyone has different ways of coping and resetting, a very common, successful tip to integrate to your everyday life, is simple: a nighttime routine.
Unlike having a morning routine that sets you up for the day, a night time routine can help you unwind, relax and take time for yourself, so you can really free your mind of the day’s events and find that happy, inner peace. There is no right or wrong way to end the day- but make sure you do anything and everything you want to do so.
A bed or night time routine can also help keep you motivated for the days to come, with a positive mindset and attitude that you do have control over your days.
Some of our favourite tips and tricks that we incorporate each night include:
- Enjoy your favourite dinner or snack
- Plan for your next day
- A bedtime skincare/shower
- Read a book, magazine or article
- Watch a good film, series or comedy show
- Speak to those you love and make you happiest
- Take time to reflect on the day, what you have accomplished and how you have felt
- Clean your room- tidy room, tidy mind!
- Meditate, listen to music or a podcast
Remember: ending your day on a positive note can improve it and your mood more than you could know, so take your time and go to sleep feeling relaxed and ready for the next day.