It is no secret that meditation and meditation techniques for mindfulness help with stress relief and greater peace of mind. It may be an ancient tradition, but it is still greatly practised all over the world, bringing awareness, inner peace and harmony to those who work on these teachings.
However, it is only normal to wonder- is this type of stress relief for me, or just another fad-like trend? Will it be difficult? Is there a standard practise that must be followed? The answer to these is NO! There is no right or wrong way to meditate, and the benefits extensive. These include:
- Lower blood pressure
- Stress relief
- Increase self/ spiritual awareness
- Improved relationship with yourself AND others
- Better focus
- Improved mood and motivation
There is also a huge amount of meditative practises, since everyone is so unique and needs to find the right fit for them. Some of the most popular ones are:
- Mindfulness meditation (being aware of your thoughts and allowing them to come and go without judgement)
- Spiritual meditation (for those who enjoy deep silence, seek meaningful connections and spiritual growth)
- Focused meditation (focusing on your 5 senses, always bringing your attention back to them)
There are many more types of meditation out there- you could even create your own! Practising different techniques to see which one is best suited to you will bring you a deep sense of inner peace and happiness, so there really is no harm in giving it a try!