This dessert recipe is rich with pumpkin and soft in texture, perfect for the autumn season! Enjoy a bite of these for dessert.
Makes 8 Cookies
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 cup almond flour
- ⅓ cup tapioca flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice, see note
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ cup pumpkin purée
- 3 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- sea salt (optional), for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk all the dry ingredients: tapioca flour, almond flour, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda.
- Add the wet ingredients and stir.
- Fold in dark chocolate chips.
- Use a cookie scoop to scoop balls of dough onto the lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until cookies are set in the middle. Make sure not to over bake!
- Allow the cookies to cool on the pan for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack.
- Garnish with sea salt to finish!
HOW TO STORE
Room Temperature: cover cookies for up to 4 days.
Fridge: up to 7 days.
Freezer: place in a large ziplock bag or Tupperware.