October 19, 2021
Butternut and Bacon Fusilli
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 50 mins
This is an easy pasta dish with pancetta, butternut squash and spinach. Make this your healthy weeknight dinner and enjoy!
½ x 160g pack pancetta di cubetti
1 ½ tbsp olive oil
750g butternut squash , deseeded and cut into 2cm cubes
2 rosemary sprigs, leaves finely chopped
¼ tsp chilli flakes
3 garlic cloves , finely chopped
100g young leaf spinach , roughly chopped
grated parmesean, for serving
- Pour the pancetta into a large frying pan set over a medium heat and cook for 5-8 mins until really crisp.
- Remove using a slotted spoon, leaving the fat in the pan. Add the oil to the pan, along with the squash, rosemary, chilli and garlic.
- Cover and cook for 25 mins, stirring now and then, until the squash is tender. Season well, and gently crush some of the butternut squash with the back of a spoon.
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil 15 mins before the squash is ready, and cook the pasta following pack instructions. Drain, reserving the cooking water.
- Add 1-2 ladles of pasta water to the squash and let it bubble for a few mins. Tip in the drained pasta and toss together.
- Stir through the spinach, then divide between plates. Sprinkle some grated Parmesan and grind black pepper.
Autumn, Autumn Cooking, autumn recipe, Conscious Consumer, Dinner Recipe, Everyday Phenomenal, Health and Wellness, Health Benefits, Healthy Body, Healthy Dinners, Healthy Eating, Healthy Recipe, Pasta Recipe, Recipe Ideas, Seasonal Recipe, Sustainability, Sustainable Blogs, Sustainable Brand, Sustainable Clothing, Sustainable Eating, tasty food, Tasty Tuesday, The Circle of Feeling Good