Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 50 mins
This is an easy pasta dish with pancetta, butternut squash and spinach. Make this your healthy weeknight dinner and enjoy!
½ x 160g pack pancetta di cubetti
1 ½ tbsp olive oil
750g butternut squash , deseeded and cut into 2cm cubes
2 rosemary sprigs, leaves finely chopped
¼ tsp chilli flakes
3 garlic cloves , finely chopped
100g young leaf spinach , roughly chopped
grated parmesean, for serving
- Pour the pancetta into a large frying pan set over a medium heat and cook for 5-8 mins until really crisp.
- Remove using a slotted spoon, leaving the fat in the pan. Add the oil to the pan, along with the squash, rosemary, chilli and garlic.
- Cover and cook for 25 mins, stirring now and then, until the squash is tender. Season well, and gently crush some of the butternut squash with the back of a spoon.
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil 15 mins before the squash is ready, and cook the pasta following pack instructions. Drain, reserving the cooking water.
- Add 1-2 ladles of pasta water to the squash and let it bubble for a few mins. Tip in the drained pasta and toss together.
- Stir through the spinach, then divide between plates. Sprinkle some grated Parmesan and grind black pepper.