Calories: 345 Serving: 8 Time: 1h 30
- 2 bulbs fennel, cored and sliced into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 1 navel orange
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 2 tbsp. grated fresh ginger
- 2 tsp. fennel seeds, coarsely crushed
- 1 (4 to 5 lbs) chicken, giblets discarded
- 1 lbs. mixed mushrooms, cut if large
- 1 tbsp. sherry vinegar
- 1 small head radicchio, torn into large pieces
- Chopped flat-leaf parsley, to serve
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. On prepared sheet, toss fennel with oil and 1/2 teaspoon each of salt and pepper. Move to outer edges of pan.
- Grate zest of orange in a bowl, then squeeze in 3 tablespoons juice (reserve orange halves). Whisk in honey to dissolve, then stir in ginger and fennel seeds.
- Pat chicken dry, place in centre of prepared baking sheet and stuff with orange halves, then brush with half of juice mixture. Roast 40 minutes.
- Increase oven temp to 425°F. Toss mushrooms with fennel and brush chicken with remaining juice mixture. Roast until temp reaches 165°F on instant-read thermometer (insert into thickest part of thigh) for 25-30 minutes. Transfer chicken to cutting board to rest for 10 minutes before carving.
- Toss mushrooms and fennel with vinegar, season with salt and pepper if necessary and then fold in radicchio. Serve with chicken, topped with parsley if desired. Enjoy!
Autumn, autumn recipe, chicken, Chicken Recipe, Clothing, Cooking, cooking recipe, Dinner Recipe, Everyday Phenomenal, Healthy Eating, Healthy Recipe, Low Calorie, Mindful Eating, Quick and Easy, quick recipe ideas, quick recipes, Recipe Ideas, recipes, roast, roast chicken, Sustainable Clothing, Sustainable Fashion, Tasty Tuesday, The Circle of Feeling Good