Sustainable eating is all about making choices that are healthy for our bodies and for the environment.
Here are 7 tips that can help us cut down on harming the planet whilst also doing better for ourselves:
- Cut down on waste - ⅓ of the food produced in the world goes to waste. Instead of throwing unwanted food away, freeze it for a later date or use up leftovers in something else.
- Cut down on plastic packaging - buy loose vegetables and use reusable containers.
- More plants, less meat - A plant-based diet, or vegan/vegetarian diets are the most sustainable in terms of land and water. Even just cutting down on meat and processed foods a little bit e.g. only eating meat in one meal a day instead of three can make a big difference.
- Variety- According to WWF, 75% of the world’s food supply comes from just 12 plants and 5 animal species. If we diversity our diets there will be more variety in agriculture which is both better for nature and less of a threat to food security
- Eat seasonally - Seasonally produced foods travel smaller distances to supermarkets therefore using less fuel and creates less pollution which is a win-win!
- Buy local - Similarly, we can potentially reduce energy usage, decrease greenhouse gas emissions, and use fewer resources than we would if we needed to transport foods long distances
- Make Your Own Food - Many foods that come packaged in plastic in supermarkets are actually pretty simple to make at home e.g. granola!
Conscious Consumer, Conscious Fashion, Environmental Sustainability, Everyday Phenomenal, Healthy Eating, Mindful Diet, Mindful Eating, Mindfulness and Eating, Slow Fashion, Spiritual Self, Sustainability, Sustainable Consumption, Sustainable Eating, The Circle of Feeling Good, The Positive Body and Mind, Wellbeing, Wellness, Womens Fashion, Womens Loungewear