May 22, 2021
7 Ideas for Recycling Old Clothing
Recycling can reduce the amount of clothing that ends up in landfill and reduce the carbon footprint. Here are 7 ways to use your old or unwanted clothing that would have ended up in the bin:
- Donate to charity - The easiest way to get rid of your old clothing! Just drop them off at your nearest charity shop.
- Rent your clothes - If they are still in good quality and you don’t want to lose them forever, consider renting them out to people.
- Give to an animal shelter if they are too worn to wear - Give a furry friend a new blanket and bedding made out of your old garments.
- Donate clothes to a retailer for discount in return e.g. H&M clothes recycling scheme - you can donate any bag of old clothes or unwanted garments into an H&M shop and you'll be given a £5 voucher to spend.
- Clothing swap - Any friends or family interested in your style? Maybe they have some items you would love to exchange! You could have a totally new wardrobe for no cost.
- DIY - Make it into something else. You could turn an old pair of jeans into a pair of summer shorts or create headbands/face masks out of an old t-shirt.
- Compost - If your old clothes are made from a natural material such as cotton or hemp then you can easily compost them.
Charity, Clothes Swap, Conscious Consumer, Conscious Fashion, DIY, Donate, Eco Friendly, Environmental Sustainability, Ethical Clothing, Everyday Phenomenal, Lifestyle, Mindful Practices, Mindfulness, Recycling, Recycling Clothes, Responsible Fashion, Secondhand Fashion, Slow Fashion, Spiritual Self, Sustainability, Sustainable Clothing, Sustainable Consumption, Sustainable Fashion Brands, Sustainable Living, The Circle of Feeling Good, The Positive Body and Mind, Wellbeing, Wellness, Womens Fashion, Womens Loungewear