May 14, 2021
How can connection with Nature help with our Mental Health?
Mental Health Awareness Week 10th - 16th May
The theme of this year's Mental Health Awareness Week is nature. Around ¼ of people in the UK will experience a mental health issue every year. The goal of Mental Health Awareness Week is to get people talking about their mental health and reduce the stigma around the topic to make people feel more comfortable asking for help.
Here at Everyday Phenomenal we believe that wellness is such an important aspect of life so here are some simple tips to help raise the awareness about mental health and maintain your personal wellness:
- Don’t be afraid to open up about your experience with the people around you
- Schedule regular check-ins with your mental health
- Encourage kind language and make sure the people around you do the same
- Use your time to educate yourself about mental illness and learn more about how you can help
- Be aware and in control when using social media
How can nature benefit us?
- Exposure to nature makes you feel better emotionally
- It contributes to your physical wellbeing, reducing blood pressure and heart rate
- Nature helps us cope with pain
- Time in nature increases our ability to pay attention
- Living in an area surrounded by nature gives us stronger feelings of belonging
Benefits of Reflexology, Conscious Consumer, Conscious Fashion, Daily Meditation, Emotional Self Care, Everyday Phenomenal, Feel Good, Feel Good Friday, Friday Mindfulness, Meditation, Mental Health, Mental Health Awareness, Mental Health Awareness Month, Mental Health Awareness Week, Mindful Living, Mindful Practices, Mindfulness, Nature, Relaxation Technique, Slow Fashion, Spiritual Self, Stress Relief, Sustainable Living, The Circle of Feeling Good, The Positive Body and Mind, Wellness Practices, Womens Fashion, Womens Loungewear