Looking for something sweet, but want to stay healthy? Paediatrician Dr. Dina Kulik’s oatmeal raisin cookies are a quick way to satisfy that sweet craving, and they taste delicious and wholesome.
- ½ cup quick oats
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- A pinch of cardamom powder
- ½ cup carrot (peeled & grated)
- ¼ cup fresh coconut (shredded)
- 2/3 cup mix of raisins & chopped nuts (as per your kid’s preference)
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons of honey
- preheat oven at or 190° C .
- ready a baking sheet by lining it with parchment or foil paper.
- In a mixing bowl, add quick oats, whole wheat flour, baking powder, ground cinnamon, & cardamom powder. Mix well.
- stir in the grated carrots, shredded coconut, raisins, & chopped nuts.
- warm the coconut oil & honey slightly to get a melted thin consistency. Pour this mixture into the mixing bowl and combine nicely to get sticky cookie dough.
- Take 1 tablespoon of the cookie dough, roughly shape it into a ball, and press to flatten into a half/quarter-inch thick raw cookie. Place it on the lined baking sheet.
- Shape & flatten the remaining cookie dough similarly. When laying the cookies on the baking sheet, maintain an inch gap between them.
- Put the baking sheet in the preheated oven. Bake for 15-18 minutes at 375° F or till the edges turn golden.
Cookies, Ethical Clothing, Ethical Fashion, Everyday Phenomenal, Healthy Breakfast Recipes, Healthy Desserts, Healthy Eating, healthy food, Healthy Mindset, healthy snacks, oatmeal cookies, Sustainable Ethical Clothing Brands, Sustainable Wardrobe Essentials, Sustainable Wardrobe Staples, Womens Fashion, Womens Loungewear, Womenswear